Beta version of Redsn0w is available now, to jailbreak iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4G. This beta release, backup method, supports untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1. Currently the Redsn0w 0.9.7b1 is for Mac OS X only and requires iOS 4.2 beta 3 SHSH blobs.
Following things should be considered before proceeding:
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 4.2.1
- SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.2 Beta 3
- Mac OS X and access to iOS 4.2 Beta firmware file
- Don’t use this version of Redsn0w if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock
Check what iPhone Dev Team has to say about this release.
This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: “./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222”.
Please leave all feedback in the comments below (we really need your feedback to help develop it into a stable release!)
Download RedSn0w 0.9.7b1 :
You Might Also Like:
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.7 Beta 3 – More Bugs Fixed
- iOS 4.2 GM is Now Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch – Download Now
- Apple Releases iOS 4.2 Beta 3 for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
- Download Skype 3.0 for iOS and Start Video Calling from iPhone,iPad and iPod Touch
- How To: Save Your SHSH Blobs With TinyUmbrella Jailbreak